Company Will Unveil Latest Architectural Reader, Bring End Users Together at High Profile Event and Launch New HID Secure Identity Services Portal
ESSEN, Germany – Security Essen – September 17, 2012 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced it will showcase its comprehensive range of breakthrough innovations to create, use and manage secure identity at next week’s Security Essen in Essen, Germany. As well as announcing additions to its award-winning iCLASS® SE platform that provides the highest level of security, privacy and portability, the company will launch its latest architectural reader to the German market and present its partnership with Vodafone around mobile access solutions. A new HID Secure Identity Servicesä portal will also be available to view at the stand.
HID Global will demonstrate its extensive suite of technologies, products, solutions and services in Hall 10 Stand 206 at MESSE ESSEN from 25-28 September. The company is also organising a high profile end user event exploring the on-trend question: Is your corporate ID secure in a mobile world? While HID Global’s director of sales Europe, Volker Kunz, will present on the equally topical issue: ‘Secure Identity in a Mobile World.’
“We are delighted to be showcasing and launching our technology and solutions at Security Essen,” said Harm Radstaak, managing director, EMEA with HID Global. “We believe technology is the key to higher security and our stand will illustrate the full extent of our services by presenting the many ways we can help our customers to create, use and manage their security identity.”
“Visitors will be interested to see the launch of HID Global iCLASS SE Décor, our latest, neat-sized architectural multi-technology reader, which supports iCLASS SeosÔ credentials, other iCLASS SE platform credentials, MIFARE® and DESFire® EV1, as well as Near Field Communications (NFC) smartphones. The reader is also available in various colours.”
“Our event will be an opportunity for end users to access this on-trend debate when we gather respected industry professionals to discuss how one secures corporate identity in a mobile world, which touches on issues that everyone’s talking about such as Google’s mobile wallet, and the inevitability of mobile credentials and NFC phones replacing access cards.”
Moderated by Protector’s editor, Hagen Zumpe, the end user event will include: Vodafone’s Head of Corporate Security and Safety, Dr. Rolf Reinema, the Group Security Cyber Forensic Manager Dr. Andreas Rohr from the RWE Group, managing director, Matthias Küster from Escrypt and HID Global’s Philip Hoyer, director strategic solutions. The event will be held at the HID Global stand [Hall 10, Stand 206] on Wednesday 26 September between 3.30 p.m. and 5.30 p.m.
Volker Kunz speaks for 15 minutes in Hall 6 on Wednesday 26 and Thursday 27 September at 11:45.
HID Global will demonstrations will include:
Solutions for Creating a Secure Identity
- HID Secure Identity Servicesä: A comprehensive suite of services to help customers address every aspect of requirements for cards and digital credentials for mobile access, including managing the daily flow of ID card badge requests, large-volume re-badging projects, and combining multiple technology platforms onto one credential. This area will launch our new online portal for secure identity services.
- Card Personalisation Solutions: HID Global will showcase its FARGO® HDP8500 Industrial Series Card Printer/Encoder for high duty cycle, high-volume ID programs; its FARGO Direct-to-Card (DTC) and High Definition Printing™ (HDP®) printer/encoder solutions; and Asure ID® card personalisation software.
- Visitor Management Solutions: HID’s EasyLobby® visitor management solutions for visitor badges and detailed visitor logs, including the FARGO HDP5000 printer/encoder.
- Embedded Technologies: Embedded platforms to enable third parties to develop hardware that works within the Genuine HID® ecosystem including the new iCLASS SE solutions and the SIO® Processor that can be used across a variety of platforms to SIO-enable third-party hardware.
- Partner Solutions: Access control solutions that expand the use of Genuine HID Technology™ will be on display by key HID Connect® partners including ASSA ABLOY, Safran and e-DATA (biometrics), SPICA and Grosvenor (time and attendance), ZTE and VMC (cashless payments) and PLAN and BARIN, (vandal-proof readers).
Solutions for Using Secure Identity
- Genuine HID Credentials and Readers: New Crescendo® credentials for strong PKI-based authentication supporting logical and physical control. Also highlighted will be its new OMNIKEY® desktop readers in addition to HID’s iCLASS SE platform credentials and reader solutions including its line of iCLASS SE/multiCLASS SE readers for higher security and migration to mobile access.
- Next-generation Networked Access Solutions: Next generation EDGE EVO® and VertX EVO™ IP-enabled access control solutions for fully distributed intelligence and decision making at the door. The open and scalable platform provides the most extensive access device system with enhanced security features, superior performance and future upgrade options. It includes a Developer Tool Kit equipped with OPIN API for both migration from EDGE® and VertX® controller technology and new development using the latest platform.
Solutions for Managing Secure Identities
- Mobile Access Solutions: HID’s technology-independent iCLASS SE access control platform that delivers advanced security, portability and flexibility, while enabling the use NFC-enabled smartphones for access control and other applications including its new iCLASS Seos credentials.
- Credential Management Solutions: ActivID Credential Management System appliance for easy issuance and management of strong and PKI-enabled smart cards and credentials.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivIdentity®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, LaserCard® and HID®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.