IRVINE, Calif., October 6, 2010 – HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, is continuing its drive to enable seamless migration from legacy technology to secure physical and logical access control solutions. The company will present a “Three Dimensions of Migration” theme to highlight new solutions for enabling 1) higher security, 2) multiple applications on a single card, and 3) use of flexible card technologies at this week’s ASIS International. In addition to demonstrating its broad portfolio of physical and logical access control products and new printer/encoder solutions, the company will also share its perspective on megatrends in access control technologies at its strategy briefing.
“It is an exciting time for HID Global as we introduce new migration solutions that anticipate and address our customer’s evolving requirements for higher levels of security and convenience,” said Anthony Ball, Senior Vice President, Identity and Access Management (IAM) with HID Global. “ASIS attendees are invited to visit our booth to experience HID Global’s migration solutions and to learn how our new products and programs for streamlining the transition to advanced smart card technologies can add a new dimension to their corporate security.”
HID Global will showcase its extensive suite of products, technologies, resources and partnerships for secure identity-related applications at Booth #601 at the Dallas Convention Center, October 12-14. Key HID Global demonstrations at ASIS International include:
- New Genuine HIDTM migration readers, including an iCLASS® reader for migration from MIFARE® Classic to 13.56 MHz MIFARE DESFire® EV1 and HID iCLASS contactless technology; multiCLASS® readers for migration from legacy magnetic stripe and 125 kHz proximity card technology to 13.56 MHz HID iCLASS contactless technology; and the industry’s first dual high-frequency credential, which enables organizations to bridge the gap between legacy solutions and secure 13.56 MHz MIFARE DESFire EV1 and iCLASS contactless technologies.
- New Genuine HID credentials, including the MIFARE DESFire EV1-only and combination MIFARE DESFire EV1/Prox credentials that can accept an embeddable contact chip for logical access and biometric ID systems. The new credentials expand customers’ options for deploying the highest levels of security and maximize the value of their credential investment by enabling multiple applications on a single card.
Genuine HID Credential and Reader Solutions
- The extensive line of high-quality Genuine HID technology cards, as well as the company’s next-generation, modular Edge EvoTM reader line for a variety of access control applications.
Printing and Encoding Solutions
- HID Global’s new family of intuitive, modular, reliable and scalable FARGO® Direct-to-Card printers, which offer solutions for creating customized photo IDs and encoding smart cards.
- HID’s iCLASS Programming Platform, which allows for local desktop programming of iCLASS cards at the final issuance step for maximum security and flexibility. Demonstrations will also include on-demand technology card personalization offered through HID Identity on Demand™ services.
Trusted Identity Platform (TIP) Ecosystem
- HID will showcase its Trusted Identity Platform. TIP is a scalable, on-demand secure identity delivery system that validates, registers and provides lifecycle management support for certified TIP nodes, including readers, card printers, near field communications (NFC)-equipped mobile phones and other end points for secure transactions.
Networked Access and HID Connect® Partner Solutions:
- IP-enabled access control solutions and products that expand the use of Genuine HID technology will be on display by HID partners: Access Specialties, ACTAtek, AMT, ASSA ABLOY, Axcess International, Blackinton, Dell, Essex, FreedomPay, Identatronics, Innometriks, Net Access, Netcom, Next Level, Offsite Control, Privaris, SMI and Wren Solutions.
Vertical Experience Zones
- HID Global will be promoting its solutions in several "Experience Zones" in the Health Care, Commercial, Education and Government markets. For each market, the company offers an ecosystem of products, resources and partnerships that help to speed the deployment of HID Global solutions. HID partners featured in the zones include Panasonic and Smart Vend.
During an ASIS International strategy briefing, HID Global will discuss “Megatrends in Access Control Technologies”:
- Denis Hébert, HID Global President and CEO will discuss key market megatrends that will shape the future of the access control industry and HID Global’s view of the access control ecosystem.
- Dr. Selva Selvaratnam, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer with HID Global will discuss the company’s response to technology megatrends and describe the latest offerings and future plans for HID Global access control solutions. Dr. Selvaratnam will also provide an update on the company’s Trusted Identity Platform.
The briefing is Tuesday, October 12th, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Room C146 of the Dallas Convention Center. Register today to attend this strategy briefing (space is limited).