Partner Type: VPN and Remote Access
Juniper SSL VPN and HID Identity Assurance Solutions
How HID Identity Assurance and Juniper are complementary
Today’s organizations must provide their employees, contractors, and business partners with secure remote network access. Many organizations provide access via a VPN over existing Internet connections.
However, VPNs solve only part of the security equation for remote access, as they ensure the privacy of data transmission, but do not strongly defend against unauthorized access to the organization’s electronic assets. Today, simple username and password combinations protect access to most VPNs. Security experts recommend strong, two-factor authentication to protect remote access.
Juniper Networks and the Identity Assurance products from HID Global, provide a compelling security solution that incorporates SSL VPN solutions with versatile strong authentication that is flexible, scalable and simple to administer.
HID Identity Assurance offers two distinct versatile strong authentication platforms for organizations that are seeking to implement a cost-effective, flexible, and scalable solution for secure remote access to Juniper VPN users.
- ActivID® 4TRESS™ AAA Server for Remote Access addresses the security risks associated with a mobile workforce remotely accessing systems and data.
- ActivID® 4TRESS™ Authentication Server (AS) offers support for multiple authentication methods that are useful for diverse audiences across a variety of service channels (SAML, Radius, etc.), including user name and password, mobile and PC soft tokens, one-time passwords, and transparent Web soft tokens.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. The company serves customers and partners worldwide. Additional information can be found at www.juniper.net.
- Juniper Networks market-leading SA Series SSL VPN Appliances ensure that remote and mobile employees, customers, and partners have anytime, anywhere VPN secure access to corporate network resources and applications.
- MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways are new SSL VPN modular gateways that can converge secure VPN remote access, LAN access, and application acceleration needs of enterprises—of all sizes.
Whitepaper highlights of key technical integration points:
- Complete Authentication solution for Juniper customers using ActivID® Web soft token, Soft token activation portal, SMS/Email gateway and the ActivID AS or AAA
- Provide an integrated and transparent way to authenticate users with the web soft token in a Juniper VPN SSL context
- Have an easy, secured and user friendly way of activating web soft tokens
- Provide a web soft token standard integration for the ActivID AAA and ActivID Appliance
- Enable out-of-band authentication via RADIUS using the ActivID AAA or ActivID appliance
- Enable web-based authentication to the ActivID Authentication Server through the configuration of SAML
Combining Juniper SSL VPN with HID Identity Assurance solution leveraging:
- Crescendo Smartcard with PKI
- Hardware based Tokens
- Java Applet based token (Web soft token)
- Software Tokens for Mobile
- Software based Tokens for PC
- One-Time Password on demand (SMS, email)
- SAML Based login (using ActivID® appliance IDP)
1194 North Mathilda Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089-1206