Partner Type: VPN and Remote Access
Fortinet and HID Identity Assurance solutions
Fortinet and the Identity Assurance product line from HID Global, provide a compelling security solution that incorporates SSL VPN solutions with versatile strong authentication that is flexible, scalable and simple to administer.
HID Identity Assurance offers two distinct versatile strong authentication platforms for organizations that are seeking to implement a cost-effective, flexible, and scalable solution for secure remote access to Fortinet VPN users.
- ActivID® 4TRESS™ AAA Server for Remote Access addresses the security risks associated with a mobile workforce remotely accessing systems and data.
- ActivID® 4TRESS™ Authentication Server (AS) offers support for multiple authentication methods that are useful for diverse audiences across a variety of service channels (SAML, Radius, etc.), including user name and password, mobile and PC soft tokens, one-time passwords, and transparent Web soft tokens.
Combining Fortinet SSL with HID Identity Assurance solution leveraging:
- Crescendo Smartcard with PKI
- Hardware based Tokens
- Java Applet based token (Web soft token)
- Software Tokens for Mobile
- Software based Tokens for PC
- One-Time Password on demand (SMS, email)
- Computer Profiling (Risk Scoring)
- SAML Based login (using ActivID® appliance IDP)
Whitepaper highlights of key technical integration points:
- Protect your applications in an environment managed by Fortigate with the OTP schemes supported by the ActivID AAA and Appliance.
- Provide a web soft token standard integration for the 4TRESS product line in a Fortinet Clientless VPN SSL access context.
- Enable out-of-band authentication when using an SSL-protected FortiGate VPN with ActivID AAA
1090 Kifer Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94086