- Enhanced DTC line increases flexibility with iCLASS SE embedded encoder technology and in-line card personalization capabilities that enable one-step printing and encoding of multiple credential technologies.
- Significant improvements in speeds allow users to produce more cards, more quickly, with the enhanced security of AES-256 encryption, locking hoppers and printer password protection on the DTC4500e.
- Portfolio includes the industry’s only FARGO-printer-compatible wireless accessory module for “anytime, anywhere” card issuance with Asure ID card Personalization Software.
“Since its original launch in 2010, our FARGO DTC line of printers have been relied on more than any other brand to produce hundreds of millions of secure identification credentials around the world,” said Craig Sandness, vice president of product marketing, Secure Issuance with HID Global. “The breadth and depth of HID Global's secure issuance solutions is simply unmatched in the industry and with these new DTC enhancements, our printers are now 50 percent faster, dramatically saving issuance time for our customers while reinforcing our dedication to continually increasing the value of their Genuine HID investments.”
Enhancements to HID Global’s proven DTC line are designed to further streamline and improve card and ID issuance while making it easier to enroll, personalize and issue higher volumes of cards with faster throughput and a variety of new security, encoding and mobile issuance options. Key features include:
- In-line Physical Access Control Data Programming/Encoding: HID Global’s FARGO DTC printers can be specified to include the multi-technology iCLASS SE encoder, which enables all credential creation, encoding, personalization and management for large ID card batches to be performed inside the printer, in a single issuance step that significantly reduces administrative burden and hardware costs. The DTC units simplify migration from current, more inefficient and expensive credential technologies, such as magstripe cards, to high-frequency smart cards, and support future card technologies. Cards can be encoded with unique company or employee information, and programmed to work with a variety of physical access control systems, anywhere in the world, depending on the permissions written onto the card. Users can streamline all card ordering, inventory management and issuance processes while maintaining maximum flexibility, security and end-to-end operational control.
- Faster Print Speeds: The new, substantially faster DTC printers dramatically improve the efficiency of the issuance process. They can be used to produce 50 percent more cards in the same given time period as the company’s earlier DTC models, and they can deliver cards to users 50 percent more quickly than was previously possible.
- “Anytime, Anywhere” Mobile Issuance: The enhanced DTC printers give users the flexibility to produce cards from any location, at any time, when using HID Global’s Asure ID card personalization software on a Windows® 8 Pro Tablet over a secure wireless network. An optional Wi-Fi® accessory connected to any FARGO DTC printer/encoder eliminates the need for wall-mounted Ethernet jacks and cables. The solution gives users a wide range of capabilities for secure, on-demand credential enrollment and printing in the field, including the flexibility to add bar codes, company logos and a wide variety of visually-rich, full-color card personalization options.
HID Global’s latest FARGO DTC portfolio includes four printers that offer customers a variety of options for fast, affordable, secure card issuance. Each printer features AES-256 data encryption support, can be specified with a built-in iCLASS SE encoder and can be used with HID Global’s Wi-Fi accessory for mobile card enrollment and issuance:
- FARGO DTC1000Me monochrome printer: offers the smallest footprint of any monochrome printer on the market.
- FARGO DTC1250e color printer: the fastest printer in its class, enabling users to produce 50 percent more cards in the same amount of time as with other printers with the same edge-to-edge color quality, up to a maximum of 225 cards per hour.
- FARGO DTC4250e and DTC4500e professional-grade color printers: offers even higher security with optional locking card hoppers (DTC4500e) and printer password protection. These high-throughput printer/encoders also include Ethernet connectivity and are field-upgradeable, simplifying equipment migration to higher levels of security through the use of holographic or fluorescent (UV) overlaminates and dual-sided printing to include additional visual elements. The DTC4500e provides the best cost-per-card profile and is ideal for fast, high-capacity printing and encoding of highly secure, forgery-resistant credentials.
The new printers join one of the industry’s broadest lines of trusted, fully interoperable secure issuance products and now include an extended three-year manufacturer’s warranty which matches the proven quality and reliability of the company’s sixth-generation DTC technology.
The enhanced FARGO DTC printers are available immediately. Click here for more information.
CARTES Secure Connexions Event 2013
HID Global will demonstrate the enhanced DTC line of printers at this week’s CARTES Secure Connexions Event in Paris in Hall 3, Stand 3F002 at the Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Centre from November 19-21, 2013.
About HID Global Secure Issuance Solutions
HID Global Secure Issuance solutions enable customers to create, personalize and issue high-quality color photo IDs. Solutions from this business include FARGO® Direct-to-Card (DTC) and High Definition Printing™ (HDP®) printer/encoders, Asure ID® Card Personalization software and a complete line of visual security consumables and accessories.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, use, and management of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, Codebench®, LaserCard® and HID®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
® HID, the HID logo, FARGO, and iCLASS SE are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Public Relations