HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
This senior engineering role will help our team to research, develop, maintain, enhance, and customize the embedded solutions which drive HID’s Secure Issuance FARGO printers so that they continue to be the most innovative and compelling solutions in the marketplace. This role requires a variety of analysis and programming tasks as noted in the Duties and Responsibilities section below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze and evaluate embedded solution requirements; collaborate with colleagues and customers to gather and define product requirements
• Assist in product design and architecture development
• Design, develop and maintain embedded solution to satisfy documented requirements
• Facilitate and assist in the task estimation process
• Work and communicate in a cross-functional team environment comprised of firmware engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, quality assurance engineers, product line managers, and customer support representatives, etc.
• Investigate and analyze reported defects to resolve them in a timely manner
• Proactively provide status, raise issues, and communicate necessary information to appropriate team members on a regular basis
• Prepare, present, and participate in technical discussions and code reviews
• Contribute to the continued development of processes to improve the efficiency and quality of development projects; assist in formulating standards and development practices to improve our development processes
• Work with all departments to continuously improve product, process, workflow, and customer experience
• Make recommendations and assist in the implementation of new processes and tools
• Consult with other engineers to evaluate interfaces between hardware & embedded solutions and operational & performance requirements of the overall system
Required Knowledge / Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university (CS, EE or relevant engineering discipline)
• 5-7+ years of embedded device development experience preferred with a variety of integrated development environments primarily utilizing object-oriented programming using C/C++
• Able to effectively use and operate oscilloscopes, analyzers, power supplies, etc.
• Experience with DC and stepper motors is a major plus
• Working knowledge of source code management and configuration
• Strong understanding of development processes, principles and objectives
• Experience in development through the entire life-cycle including design, architecture, and implementation
• Experience with implementation of security protocols and secure implementation of cryptographic techniques, and the documentation of the security aspects of system design and implementation is highly desired
• Proven analytical, planning, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both a technical and non-technical audience; comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources
• Experience with working in a highly collaborative and dynamic multi-team environment
• Must be able to perform troubleshooting, development work in a consistent and logical manner
In addition, successful candidates will have the following profile:
• Highly motivated, results-oriented, self-starter
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to effectively balance personal and professional life
• Interested in the challenge, excitement, and responsibility of a fast-paced, growth environment; desire and ability to learn and apply new skills and technologies quickly
• Utilizes active listening skills during customer (internal and external) interactions
• Follows through in a timely manner on expectations which have been agreed upon and set
• Applies experience to anticipate customer needs and desires and influence world-class solutions
• Uncompromising when it comes to developing and providing nothing but quality solutions
• Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
• Proficiency with modern software tools, a variety of Windows operating systems and the Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
• Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
This position is based in Eden Prairie, MN. No relocation is available for this position. No phone calls or agencies please.
If interested, please submit your resume along with salary history by clicking on the 'Apply Button' on the website.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please call us at 512.776.9100 or email us at [email protected], to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.